- /neez"up'/, n. Brit. Informal.a party or lively gathering, usually including dancing.[by ellipsis from Knees up, Mother Brown a popular dance, orig. a song with the same title (1939)]
* * *kneesˈ-up noun (informal)A riotous dance or party• • •Main Entry: ↑knee
* * *a lively party with dancingThesaurus: dance partieshyponym
* * *n. [in sing.] Brit., informal a lively party or gathering
we had a bit of a knees-up last night
* * */ˈniːzˌʌp/ noun, pl -ups [count]Brit informal : a noisy party usually with dancing
We had a knees-up to celebrate his retirement.
* * *a noisy party, with dancing
Useful english dictionary. 2012.